lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: different analyzer all produce the same index?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:12:19 GMT
Daan Hoogland wrote:

>H all,
>
>I try to create different indices using different Analyzer-classes. I
>tried standard, german, russian, and cjk. They all produce exactly the
>same index file (md5-wise). There are over 280 pages so I expected at
>least some differences.

Take a look in the lucene source code... Maybe you will find the answer ...
I asume that all the pages you indexed were written in English,
therefore is normal that german, russian and cjk analyzers to
create identic indexex, but htey should be different  than english one
(StandardAnalyzer)

All the best,

 Sergiu