lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: "Orphan" segment files
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:27:32 GMT
This is not a normal behavior, unless you are running on Windows and
have searchers open for that long that are still locking the segments
(but then they would be in deletable...).

What version of Lucene are you running? At some point during the past
two months there were a few days when CVS snapshot would have had this
problem. If you are running from CVS, try the latest release and see if
this occurs again.

Dmitry.