lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching for a phrase that contains quote character
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:59:39 GMT

On Oct 28, 2004, at 1:03 PM, Justin Swanhart wrote:
> Have you tried making a term query by hand and testing to see if it
> works?
>
> Term t = new Term("field", "this is a \"test\"");
> PhraseQuery pq = new PhraseQuery(t);

That's not accurate API, but add you used pq.add(t), it still would
presume that text is all a single term.

Chances are, though, that even getting the query to have the quotes is
not going to work as you've probably lost the quotes during indexing.
Check out the AnalysisParalysis page on the wiki and "analyze" your
Analyzer and make sure you are indexing the text with the quotes (no
built-in analyzer besides WhitespaceAnalyzer would do that for you).

	Erik