lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: new version of NewMultiFieldQueryParser
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:15:44 GMT
On Friday 29 October 2004 20:42, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Try running the program at
> ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/transient/janssen/SearchTest.java, and see
> how that works for you.  Seems to work fine with Java 1.4.2 and Lucene
> 1.4.1, for me.

That seems to be the old version that doesn't implement getFieldQuery. The
new version (which you pasted in an email on 2004-10-27) doesn't seem to
work with e.g. prefix queries. I call it like this:

    String[] fields = new String[2];
    fields[0] = "title";
    fields[1] = "body";
    NewMultiFieldQueryParser qp = new NewMultiFieldQueryParser(fields, new
        WhitespaceAnalyzer());
    Query q = qp.parse("+gut* +test");
    System.out.println(q);

I get: