lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about PorterStemFilter class
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:04:37 GMT
Redirecting to lucene-user list.

Hello,

1) that's part of the porter stemming algorithm (see Dr. Porter's web
site for more info).  If you are indexing/searching Spanish text, you
probably shouldn't be using PorterStemFilter.

2) I can't tell from the description.  Could be one of those
unfortunate Field.Keyword and QueryParser interactions, where
Field.Keyword is not analyzed during indexing, but is analyzer during
searching.

Otis

--- "PROYECTA.Fernandez Garcia, Ivan" <proyecta.ifernandez@iberia.es>