lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Poor Lucene Ranking for Short Text
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:42:37 GMT
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 22:47, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> If the current behavior is all that happens this is fine... this way I
> can just get this behavior for new documents that are added.

You'll have to try it out, I'm not sure what exactly will happen.

> Also... why isn't this the default?

You'll probably end up with many documents having exactly the same ranking.
And those documents will then be sorted in a random order (not really,
they will by sorted by internal ID I think, but that's no useful order for
most use cases).

Regards
 Daniel

--