lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: sorting and score ordering
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:33:06 GMT
On Wednesday 13 October 2004 19:53, Chris Fraschetti wrote:
> Is there a way I can (without recompiling) ... make the score have
> priority and then my sort take affect when two results have the same
> rank?
>
> Along with that, is there a simple way to assign a new scorer to the
> searcher? So I can use the same lucene algorithm for my hits, but
> tweak it a little to fit my needs?

There is no one to one relationship between a seacher and a scorer.

When a query consists eg. of two terms, there will be three scorers
executing the search for that query: one TermScorer for each term,
and one scorer to combine the other two to provide the search results,
usually a BooleanScorer or a ConjunctionScorer.
For proximity queries, other scorers are used.

Regards,
Paul Elschot