lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gabriela D <der...@yahoo.com>
Subject WhitespaceAnalyzer Problem
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:21:47 GMT
I have been indexing my flat files (plain text documents) using
WhitespaceAnalyzer, in order not to miss out any characters during tokenizing.
The results are satisfactory when I use exact search criteria for
searching. However, I am unable to get any results or hits when I use
wildcard searching using "*" or "?". Why is this so? Any work around for
this?
I am using Lucene 1.4 rc3. FYI, I am using same WhitespaceAnalyzer for
both indexing as well as searching.
Please help.
Regards, Dera.