lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Edwin Tang <emtt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat locking segment files?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:51:06 GMT
Hello all,

I have a stand alone server application that writes and modifies three indices.
On the searcher side, I have another server application that reads the three
indices simultaneously using ParallelMultiSearcher. This runs fine.

However, once I start my web application, I will have old segment files that
will not be deleted. I can see their file names in the delete file, but until I
stop Tomcat, those segments will not be deleted. I've double checked to make
sure that the web application is closing the searcher... and the searcher is
created using String rather than IndexReader.

Can someone tell me why it seems like Tomcat is holding on to the hold
segments?

Thanks,
Ed