lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: leakage in RAMDirectory ?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:21:43 GMT
On Tuesday 05 October 2004 20:31, Rupinder Singh Mazara wrote:

>  ( there
> are 18746 records in the table. )
>  using a database result set , i loop over all the records ,
>  creating a document object and indexing into ramDirectory and then onto
> the fileSystem
>
>  when I open a IndexReader and output numDoc i get 18740,

It seems even in this case some documents are lost. Do you maybe ignore
exceptions? Could you build a self-contained test case that shows the
problem? The interesting question is of course *which* documents are lost
and if the behaviour is reproducible. The test case will either help you
to fix the bug in your code, or it will help us fix the bug in Lucene, if
there is any.

Regards
 Daniel

--