lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Prevent Lucene from returning short length text...
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:14:08 GMT
Kevin,

You could try setting index-time field length-dependent boosts.

Another possibility may be your own sorting, that takes field length in
consideration, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

Finally, you could use your own Similarity and implement your own
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html#lengthNorm(java.lang.String,%20int)

Otis