lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Edwin Tang <emtt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: "Orphan" segment files
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:35:13 GMT
Hello,

I am running on Windows XP. Since our indices are constantly changing, we close
the searchers after each search.

I was running Lucene 1.4 and 1.4.1, and saw this problem. I replaced 1.4.1 with
1.4.2 on Friday, but haven't had a chance to observe its behavior since.

Would you say it's safe to delete these files?

Thanks,
Ed