lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <>
Subject RE: Null or no analyzer
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:29:00 GMT
You can use WhiteSpaceAnalyzer

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupinder Singh Mazara []
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:23 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Null or no analyzer

Hi All

  I have a question regarding selection of Analyzer's during query parsing

  i have three field in my index db_id, full_text, subject
  all three are indexed, however while indexing I specified to lucene to
index db_id and subject but not tokenize them

  I want to give a single search box in my application to enable searching
for documents
  some query can look lile  "motor cross rally" this will get fed to
QueryParser to do the relevent parsing

  however if the user enters  Jhon Kerry  subject:"Elections 2004" I want to
make sure that No analyzer is used fro the subject field ? how can that be

  this is because I expect the users to know the subject from a List of
controlled vocabularies and also I am searching for  documents that have the
exact subject I tried using the "PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper", but how do I get
hold a Analyzer that  does nothing but pass the text trough to the Searcher

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: