lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Willy De Waele" <will...@pandora.be>
Subject Search.jhtml ?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:01:20 GMT

	Hi,

	I'm new using lucene.
	I downloaded lucene 1.4.2 and added the 2 jar files to the
classpath.
	Executing the demos as a bat file (Windows) is working fine, but
using lucene as a web 'application' is not working ...
	Since I'm using netbeans, I startup the tomcat 5.0.28 with following
statements in the conf/Catalina/localhost/lucene.xml:
		<Context path="/lucene" docBase="E:/Java/lucene-1.4.2"
        		debug="0" privileged="true">
             	prefix="localhost_admin_log." suffix=".txt"
          		timestamp="true"/>
		</Context>
	where the 'docBase' is the main-path to the lucene-dirs.
	Then i call the 'Search.html' in the src/demo dir, modified because
of the path:
		action=http://localhost:8080/lucene/src/demo/Search.jhtml
	After entering a search argument (ie Java) I get the contents of the
jhtml file,
	after changing the 'queryString' by 'java', I get following error
message:
		"The requested resource (/lucene/src/demo/servletPath) is
not available"

	I'm sure that I did something wrong, but where ???
	TIA
	Willy