lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aad Nales" <aad.na...@rotterdam-cs.com>
Subject RE: problems deleting documents / design question
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:55:21 GMT
Paul,

We are doing similar stuff. We actually do create a hash of database
name, table name and id to form a unique id. So far I have not had any
problems with it.

Cheers,
Aad

Hi,
I'm creating an index from several database tables. Every item within
every table has a unique id which is saved in some kind of id-field and
the table name in an other one. So together they form a unique
identifier within the index. When deleting / updating an item I need to
retrieve it. My first idea was indexreader.delete(new Term("id",
"id-value")); but this could delete several entries as id-value may
appear in several databases. My second idea was to combine database name
and id to form a kind of unique identifier but this seems to be not the
right way as the problem may occur again with some sub-ids within a
certain table. So my question is: is it possible to determine the item
to be deleted by more than one term?

thx,
Paul