lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aad Nales" <aad.na...@rotterdam-cs.com>
Subject lucene-??? files: are they ever deleted after? was: locking problems
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:25:44 GMT
Hi,

>From earlier postings I understand that when lucene opens an IndexWriter
or executes a number of specific methods on an IndexReader that a lock
is created in .../tomcat/temp. My question is. Are these files ever
deleted after something has gone wrong? For instance, when the server is
restarted or something similar? If not, is there any way to figure out
where the lock came from? e.g a timestamp as part of the filename?

BTW: thanks for the earlier responses, I have a working solution now..

Aad

--
Aad Nales
aad.nales@rotterdam-cs.com, +31-(0)6 54 207 340