lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Hartmann" <michael.hartm...@web.de>
Subject AW: Special field values
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:45:17 GMT
| -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
| Von:
| lucene-user-return-10665-michael.hartmann=web.de@jakarta.apach
| e.org
| [mailto:lucene-user-return-10665-michael.hartmann=web.de@jakar
ta.apache.org] Im Auftrag von Paul Elschot
| Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2004 19:27
| An: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
| Betreff: Re: Special field values
|
| On Tuesday 12 October 2004 15:02, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
| > Hello Michael,
| >
| > This is something you'd have to code on your own.
| >
| > Otis
| >
| > --- Michael Hartmann <michael.hartmann@web.de> wrote:
| > > Hi everybody,
| > >
| > > I am thinking about extending the Lucene search with
| metadata in the
| > > following way
| > >
| > > Field	Value

| > -----
| >
| > > Title	(n1, n2, n3, ..., nm) | ni element of {0,1} and
| m amount of
| > > distinct
| > > metadata values for title
| > >
| > > Expressed in an informal way, I want to store a tuple of
| values in a
| > > field.
| > > The values in the tuple show whether a value is used in
| the title or
| > > not.
|
| A Lucene index can easily be used to determine whether or not
| a term is in a field of a document:
|
| IndexReader.open(indexName).termDocs(new Term(term,
| field)).skipTo(documentNr)
|
| returns the boolean indicating that.
| What do you need the {0,1} values for?
|
| Regards,
| Paul Elschot.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer. The field should store a "vector" of values that
indicate whether or not a term exists in a document or not. Just pure
vanilla vector space model. I've read that Lucene has some kind of VSM but
currently I don't understand how to handle that.

Regards,
Michael