lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Strange search results with wildcard - Bug?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:53:42 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> If the user searches for "007001 handle", the MultiFieldQueryParser,
> which searches in the fields "title" and "contents", changes that query to:
>
> (title:007001 +title:handl) (contents:007001 +contents:handl)

Ok, I cleared this up, there was some invisible magic going on in the
code, sorry for the inconvenience. Anyway:

field1:foo field2:bar AND field3:true

turns into

field1:foo +field2:bar +field3:true

If I lose the "AND" and use a "+" instead, then everything works as
expected. Now, is this a bug or a feature that I haven't quite grasped? :)

Ulrich