lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Strange search results with wildcard - Bug?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:40:10 GMT
Morus Walter wrote:

> Your number/handle samples look ok to me if the default operator is AND.

But it's OR ;-)

Using AND explicitly I get different results and using OR explicitly I
get the same results as documented.

> Note that wildcard expressions are not analyzed so if service is
> stemmed to anything different from service, it's not surprising that
> service* doesn't find it.

Ok, I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Perhaps the phenomenon on
the live pages is different from my local test installation. I was just
looking for a comparable case on our live pages, but the real problem is
in pages that I'm just developing locally and which look similar to the
number/handle example.

> I think you should look at a) what's the analyzed form of your terms
> and b) how does the rewritten query look like (there's a rewrite method
> for query that expands wildcard queries into basic queries).

Will do, thank you very much. However, how do I get at the analyzed form
of my terms?

Ulrich