lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:42:32 GMT
Say i've got two fields.. indexed as   "content" and "title"

How can I have the query parser parse a string   "this is the end"

where it requires all words... but will search either the title or the
content fields.. is that the simple
multifieldqueryparser([cotent,title], AND)  ..  or do I need to do a
little modification...

likewise how can I gain more control w/o modifying the user's query..
but by changer the parser functionality...

in the case where the title has "and"  and the content has "is the
this" ... what queryparser declaration would allow for that to return
true?

if I use the OR operator and have a   +(date[SOMEDATE: TOANOTHER])
will the OR overwrite the requirement for the date to be AND or will
it do (query AND date[..:..]) ?

is there a good tutorial on all of this anywhere?

thanks in advance.