lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@hatcher.net>
Subject Re: Implement custom score
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:22:57 GMT
Actually what William should use is the new Sort facility to order
results by a field.  Doing this with a Similarity would be much
trickier.  Look at the IndexSearcher.sort() methods which take a Sort
and follow the Javadocs from there.  Let us know if you have any
questions on sorting.

It would be best if you represent your 'popularity' field as an integer
(or at least numeric) since sorting by String uses more memory.

	Erik