lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ANT +BUILD + LUCENE
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:08:33 GMT
Karthik,

You are still being a bit cryptic and making it hard for me to
comprehend what the problem is, but here are some general pieces of
advice with Ant related to what I think you are doing:

* There is no need to use conditional logic to have a different set of
properties for different operating systems.  There is an implicit and
declarative way to do this:

	 <property file="${os.name}.properties"/>

But whitespace gets in the way, so you could use the ant-contrib
<osfamily> (http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/index.html) which
would be cleaner than the value of ${os.name}.

* Using IndexFiles from the demo is awkward, to me.  Why not give the
sandbox <index> task a try?

* Ant has a <pathconvert> task that might be handy for you.

Please post how you are using <java> (I can only presume), if that is
the issue.

	Erik