lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wermus Fernando" <>
Subject RE: about not tokenized fields for ordering.
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:11:03 GMT
	I've realized why the snowball doesn't get any hit when searching "laziness". I was looking
up "laziness" in not tokenized, but stored and index fields that I used to sort. But if I
looked up other fields I got hits using the snowball. My question right now, why can't I get
any results from fields that I use for ordering in my app? These fields are not tokenized,
but store and indexed.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Wermus Fernando []
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 22 de Septiembre de 2004 11:56 a.m.
Asunto: about snowball

I have test my app with snowball for english. But I'm doing something
wrong because I can't get any result from hit.
If I index "lazy" with English snowball when I see the word in Luke it
shows "lazy" (I've read that Luke show the file as is). When I do the
search for the word "laziness" the snowball English change for "lazi"
but it doesn't seem to add any * . So I can't get any hit.
If I search for
The result using MultiFieldQueryParser
0 hits
I am supposed to index the word "lazy" as tokenized, unindexed or
something like this to get a hit. I have a similar problem when sorting,
it ask for being untokenized.
What am I doing wrong?
How can I use Luke to look up words using snowball English?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message