lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wermus Fernando" <fernando.wer...@xlnet.net.ar>
Subject about snowball
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:56:18 GMT
I have test my app with snowball for english. But I'm doing something
wrong because I can't get any result from hit.

If I index "lazy" with English snowball when I see the word in Luke it
shows "lazy" (I've read that Luke show the file as is). When I do the
search for the word "laziness" the snowball English change for "lazi"
but it doesn't seem to add any * . So I can't get any hit.

If I search for

laziness

The result using MultiFieldQueryParser

0 hits

I am supposed to index the word "lazy" as tokenized, unindexed or
something like this to get a hit. I have a similar problem when sorting,
it ask for being untokenized.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I use Luke to look up words using snowball English?

thanks