lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wermus Fernando" <fernando.wer...@xlnet.net.ar>
Subject SortField[] in search method (newbie)
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:06:56 GMT
Why can I search fields that aren't indexed without any problem, but if I ask for ordering
by one of these fields, I got a runtime exception?

I can't understand this behavior. I mean if I don't have any document indexed with these fields,
why can I search by these fields and I can't ask for ordering by one of them?
At the beginning I don't have any document at all, and I will need to order anyway, because
I don't know that.

Thanks.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Praveen Peddi [mailto:ppeddi@contextmedia.com]
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 15 de Septiembre de 2004 03:13 p.m.
Para: Lucene Users List
Asunto: Re: problem with SortField[] in search method (newbie)

Does it mean you indexed all "not null" fields?. I think you should change
your code so that you always index the fields you want to sort.

In any case, it looks like some of your documents have shortName not null
and not indexed. If you do not have any non-indexed shotnames in the index,
I don't think u would have got that error. But I may be wrong.

Praveen