lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: LUCENE + PHP ???
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:32:46 GMT

On Sep 15, 2004, at 1:45 PM, Karthik N S wrote:
> Hi
>   Erik , Doug , Otis

This is general forum - no need to address individuals.

> 1) Is a there a PHP version of Lucene Implemantation avaliable , If so
> Where
> ?

Using the Java version of Lucene from PHP is my recommendation.  There
is not a PHP version.  I'm not familiar with PHP details, but I suspect
you can very easily use the Java version somehow.

> 2) Is the Lucene  'Indexed  file format'  an Universal  type ,  If so
> can
> it be searched  by  other  Lucene implementations
>
>  [ Such as  Indexing is done by Java version of Lucene and Search on
> the
> IndexFile format is done by  Plucene ]

Yes - http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/fileformats.html - there
are caveats as the Lucene ports are all at varying versions of
compatibility.

	Erik