lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Book
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:43:25 GMT
On Sep 7, 2004, at 3:00 AM, ebrahim.faisal@scandentgroup.com wrote:
> I am new to Lucene. Can anyone guide me from where i can download free
> Lucene book.

Free?!

http://www.manning.com/hatcher2 is the book Otis and I have spent the
last year laboring on.  It has been a long hard effort that is about to
come to fruition.  Lucene in Action is in copy/tech editing right now
and will be pushed into production very shortly.  There will be some
chapters, as always with Manning, available for free download once the
book has been typeset (probably even before physical copies are
available).  We have not decided which chapters we'll make available
for free yet.

I hope a few folks buy it - it would be a shame for my kids to go
without food ;)

	Erik