lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Konopinsky <skonopin...@blueprint.org>
Subject Too many boolean clauses
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:27:02 GMT
Hello There,

Due to the fact that the [# TO #] range search works lexographically, I am
forced to build a rather large boolean query to get range data from my

I have an ID field that contains about 500,000 unique ids. If I want to
query all records with ids [1-2000],  I build a boolean query containing all
the numbers in the range. eg. id:(1 2 3 ... 1999 2000)

The problem with this is that I get the following error :
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Too many boolean clauses

Any ideas on how I might circumvent this issue by either finding a way to
rewrite the query, or avoid the error?

Thanks in advance,
Shawn.