lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Crump, Michael" <mcr...@leadscope.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Lucene + BDB (Berkeley DB) integration
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:16:31 GMT
Try setUseCompoundFile(false) on your IndexWriter as soon as you create
it or before you call optimize

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Rodriguez [mailto:crodriguez@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 1:10 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Problems with Lucene + BDB (Berkeley DB) integration

Andy, you are right.

I tried with Lucene 1.3 and it worked perfectly. This should be added
to a README in the Lucene + BDB sandbox (or somewhere) so people dont
spend days struggling with those weird non - deterministic bugs I am
getting...

Now, I do need to use version 1.4, so Id like to see if its actually
the cluster file system causing the problem in the integration with
Berkeley DB. Is it possible to turn the cluster file system OFF in
Lucene 1.4?

Anyone has any idea what other things could be causing BDB + Lucene to
work with Lucene 1.3 and not with 1.4?

Thanks!
Xtian

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:13:46 -0700, Andy Goodell <goodell@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I used BDB + lucene successfully using the lucene 1.3 distribution,
> but it broke in my application with the 1.4 distribution.  The 1.4
> dist uses a different file system by default, the "cluster file
> system", so maybe that is the source of the issues.
>
> good luck,
> andy g
>

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:36:51 -0300, Christian Rodriguez
> <crodriguez@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to use the Lucene + BDB integration from the sandbox

(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/
db/).