lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <ft...@synernet.com>
Subject Keyword query confusion
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand what's going on with the query parser
and keyword fields.

I've got a large subset of my documents which are "publications".
So as to be able to query these, I've got this in the indexer:

doc.add(Field.Keyword("is_pub", "1"));

However, if I run a query:

	is_pub:1

I get no hits. If I find a document by other means and dump the
fields, the "is_pub" keyword is there, with value of "1".

Now, I've learned that if I change the field to contain the value "true"
instead of the string "1", this query:

	is_pub:true

works just fine.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm running afoul of the analyzer, right? The doc says
specifically that I should add keyword query clauses programmatically,
and I'm guessing that's what's wrong.

But can someone explain this? It sure is useful to be able to test this
sort of thing with the query parser. What is going on with the standard
analyzer that makes "true" work and "1" not work?

Is there a way around this other than by writing code to create the
query? This also applies to other types of query, like "pub_date:2004".

Hoping for enlightenment...

Thanks,

Fred