lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cocula Remi" <rcoc...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: Help for text based indexing
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:16:06 GMT
A keyword is not tokenized, that's why you wont be able to search over a part of it. You'd
rather use a Text fied.

About creating a special field  :
IndexWriter Ir = ....
File f = ....
Document  doc = new Document();
if (f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group1")
{
	doc.add(Field.Text("group", "Group1"));
}
if (f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group2")
{
	doc.add(Field.Text("group", "Group2"));
}
doc.add(Field.Text("content", getContent(f)));
Ir.addDocument(doc);

Then you can search in group1 with query like that :

     group:Group1 AND rest_of_the_query.