lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raju, Robinson (Cognizant)" <RRobin...@blr.cognizant.com>
Subject RE: WildCardQuery
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:31:07 GMT

Hi ,
	I think it doesn't have anything to do with number of characters
with a wildcard. Because 'z*' works and 'a*' does not.
Does lucene have a limitation on the number of hits fetched ?
The error that I get is

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses
at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java:79)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java:71)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:61)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.rewrite(BooleanQuery.java:228)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.rewrite(IndexSearcher.java:162)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.weight(Query.java:84)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:85)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.run(ParallelMultiSearcher.j
ava:251)
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.
java:281)
	at
org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearc
her.java:85)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:43)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:33)
	at
com.abcea.oos.search.helper.TestSearcher.search(TestSearcher.java:161)
	at
com.abcea.oos.search.helper.TestSearcher.main(TestSearcher.java:270)