lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sorting Info
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:13:35 GMT
On Sep 27, 2004, at 6:32 PM, yahootintin.1247688@bloglines.com wrote:
> I'm interested in doing sorting in Lucene.  Is there a FAQ or an
> article that
> will show me how to do this?  I already have my indexing and searching
> working.

 From IndexSearcher, use search(Query,Sort) method (or other variants
that take a Sort):

	<http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
Searcher.html#search(org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20org.apache.lucene
.search.Sort)>

Following the Javadocs for Sort should be (hopefully) self-explanatory.

Sorting is a pretty new feature, and is only described in Javadocs and
this e-mail list as far as I know.  I wrote a pretty extensive section
on sorting in Lucene in Action - http://www.manning.com/hatcher2 -
which is primarily in Otis' hands right now (*nudge nudge*) and has
been technical and copy edited.  In other words, LIA should be
available in print 6-8 weeks (e-book in PDF format available much
sooner) after Otis is done.

	Erik