lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Moylan <jo...@rte.ie>
Subject Re: about snowball
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:21:26 GMT
You need to search useing a snowball analayzer  and also index using the
same analyzer.

John

Wermus Fernando wrote:
> I have test my app with snowball for english. But I'm doing something
> wrong because I can't get any result from hit.
>
> If I index "lazy" with English snowball when I see the word in Luke it
> shows "lazy" (I've read that Luke show the file as is). When I do the
> search for the word "laziness" the snowball English change for "lazi"
> but it doesn't seem to add any * . So I can't get any hit.
>
> If I search for
>
> laziness
>
> The result using MultiFieldQueryParser

> 0 hits
>
> I am supposed to index the word "lazy" as tokenized, unindexed or
> something like this to get a hit. I have a similar problem when sorting,
> it ask for being untokenized.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> How can I use Luke to look up words using snowball English?
>
> thanks

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.