lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: indexes won't close on windows
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:21:00 GMT
Fred Toth wrote:

> Hi Sergiu,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. I will try using just the
> IndexSearcher(String...)
> and see if that makes a difference in the problem. I can confirm that
> I am doing a proper close() and that I'm checking for exceptions. Again,
> the problem is not with the search function, but with the command-line
> indexer. It is not run at startup, but on demand when the index needs
> to be recreated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

 I remenber it was one case where the searcher was used in the way you
use but without keeping the
named reference to the index reader. This is not your case.

why do you get It is here that I get a failure, "can't delete _b9.cfs"?
are you trying to delete the index folder sometimes or ... why?

maybe one object is still using the index  when you try to delete it.

do you write your errors in log files?

 It will be very helpful to have a StackTrace.

 All the best,

 Sergiu