lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <>
Subject Re: QueryParser.parse() and Lucene1.4.1
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:15:30 GMT
Hi Polima,

 It seems to me that your query string is not correct ...

(A AND -(B))

AND = "+"
NOT = "-"

In lucene AND and NOT opperators are mapped internal to +/-,
(AND and NOT are supported only because they are comming from natural language)

so ...

A + - (B) makes no sense ...

Polina Litvak wrote:

>I have a question regarding QueryParser and lucene-1.4.1.jar:
>When using lucene-1.3-final.jar, a query of the form: Field:(A AND -(B))
>was parsed into +Field:A -Field:B (using QueryParser.parse()).
>After making the switch to lucene-1.4.1.jar, the same query is being
>parsed into Field:A Field:- Field:B which is not the desired outcome.
>Does anyone know how to work around this new feature ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message