lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Taurat" <daniel.tau...@gaussvip.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory in lucene 1.4.1 when re-indexing large number of documents
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:10:21 GMT
Daniel Aber schrieb:

>On Thursday 09 September 2004 19:47, Daniel Taurat wrote:
>

>>I am facing an out of memory problem using  Lucene 1.4.1.
>>

>Could you try with a recent CVS version? There has been a fix about files
>not being deleted after 1.4.1. Not sure if that could cause the problems
>you're experiencing.
>
>Regards
> Daniel

Well, it seems not to be files, it looks more like those SegmentTermEnum
objects accumulating in memory.
#I've seen some discussion on these objects in the developer-newsgroup
that had taken place some time ago.
I am afraid this is some kind of runaway caching I have to deal with.
Maybe not  correctly addressed in this newsgroup, after all...

Anyway: any idea if there is an API command to re-init caches?

Thanks,

Daniel