lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Taurat" <daniel.tau...@gaussvip.com>
Subject Out of memory in lucene 1.4.1 when re-indexing large number of documents
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:47:36 GMT
Hi,
I am facing an out of memory problem using  Lucene 1.4.1.
I am  re-indexing a pretty large number ( about 30.000 ) of documents.
I identify old instances by checking for a unique ID field, delete those
with indexReader.delete() and add the new document version.

HeapDump says I am having  a huge number of HashMaps with
SegmentTermEnum objects (256891) .

IndexReader is closed directly after delete(term)...

Seems to me that this did not happen with version1.2 (same number of
objects and  all...).
Has anyone an idea how I get  these "hanging"  objects? Or what to do in
order to avoid them?

Thanks
Daniel