lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Pimley <ppim...@semantico.com>
Subject (n00b) Meaning of Hits.id (int)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:50:54 GMT

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of writing "my first lucene app", and I've got to the
bit where I get my search results back (very exciting! ;).

My documents are not stored in their original form by lucene, but in a
seperate database.  My lucene docs do however store the primary key, so
that I can fetch the original version from the database to show the user
(does that sound sane?)

I see that the 'Hits' class has an id (int) method, which sounds
interesting.  The javadoc says "Returns the id for the nth document in
this set.".  However, I can't find any mention anywhere else about
Document ids.  Could anybody explain what this is?

Many Thanks in Advance,
Peter Pimley, Semantico