lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Moving from a single server to a cluster
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:57:14 GMT
Hey Ben,

We've been using a distributed environment with three servers and three
separate indecies for the past 2 years since the first stable Lucene
release and it has been great, recently and for the past two months I've
been working on a redesign for our Lucene App and I've shared my
findings and plans with Otis, Doug and Erik, they pointed out a few
faults in my logic which you will probably come across soon enough that
mainly have to do with keeping you updates atomic (not too hard) and
your deletes atomic (a little more tricky), give me a few days and I'll
send you both the early document and the newer version that deals
squarely with Lucene in a distributed environment with high volume index.

Regards.

Nader Henein