lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Patch for IndexWriter.close which prevents NPE...
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:51:02 GMT
I just attached a patch which:

1. prevents multiple close() of an IndexWriter

2. prevents an NPE if the writeLock was null.

We have been noticing this from time to time and I haven't been able to
come up with a hard test case.  This is just a bit of defensive
programming to prevent it from happening in the first place.  It would
happen from time to time without any reliable cause.

Anyway...

Thanks...

Kevin

--