lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chong, Herb" <HCho...@bloomberg.com>
Subject RE: Using Proximity for Ranking
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:27:58 GMT
not without changing the contents of the index structure to store word locations.

Herb...

-----Original Message-----
From: Olena Medelyan [mailto:medelyan@coling.uni-freiburg.de]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:28 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Using Proximity for Ranking

Dear Lucene-Users,

is there any possibility to use proximity for long queries (10 and more
terms) automatically? I need a kind of ranking feature, that would give
higher relevance scores to those documents, that contain query terms (or
some of query terms) with a lower distance between them. I know that I can
use the slop operator for phrase search ("red fox"~3), but what I need
should work for partial matching as well.