lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Honey George <honey_geo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Help for text based indexing
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:00:13 GMT
You could recieve the group name as an input from the
user and construct a BooleanQuery internally which
will qyery only the group field based on the user
input. So the user need not append the group name with
the search string.

Thanks,
   George
 --- mahaveer jain <jainmahaveer23@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If i have rightly understood, you mean to say that
> the query for search has  to be
>
> "Group1" AND "Hello" (if hello is what I want to
> search ?)
>
> Cocula Remi <rcocula@sopragroup.com> wrote:
> A keyword is not tokenized, that's why you wont be
> able to search over a part of it. You'd rather use a
> Text fied.
>
> About creating a special field :
> IndexWriter Ir = ....
> File f = ....
> Document doc = new Document();
> if

(f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group1")
> {
> doc.add(Field.Text("group", "Group1"));
> }
> if

(f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group2")