lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mahaveer jain <jainmahavee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help for text based indexing
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:22:11 GMT

Hi

I have implemented Text based search using lucene. I was wonderful playing around with it.

Now I want to enchance the application.

I have a Root folder, under that I have many other folder, that are group specific, say (group1,
group2, .. so on). The Root folder is in C:\tomcat\webapps\Root and group folder within that.

Now I am index for these groups separately, ie , I have index as C:/index/group1, C:/index/group2,
C:/index/group3 and so on

I want to know if I can have only one index for all these say C:/index/Root (this has index
for all the folder) and I should be able to Search using C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\group1(if
want to search for group1) similarly for the other groups.

Let me know if this is possible and have anybody tried this.

2nd question

Is lucene good to index databases ? How do we support incremental indexing ?

(Right now I am using LIKE for searching )

Thanks in Advance

Mahaveer