lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Honey George <honey_geo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Case sensitiveness and wildcard searches
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:41:14 GMT
Hi,
 I noticed a behavior with wildcard searches and like
to clarify.

>From the FAQ
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=538312
in JGuru, Analyzer is not used for wildcard queries.
In my case I have a document which contains the word
IMPORTANT. I use PorterStemFiler + StandardAnalyzer
for indexing & searching. I am getting the document if
I search for the word IM*. But if analyzer is not used
then who does the conversion of the word to lowercase.

My code will look like this.

---
QueryParser qp=new QueryParser("title",
      new MyAnalyzer());
Query q = qp.parse(text);
---

Though I pass the text in uppercase (IM*), when I
print the Query object I can see it in lowercase,
something like  (title:im*)

I am using lucene-1.3-final. Can someone explain this?

Thanks & regards,
   George