lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher.close() and aborting searches in progress
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 23:45:39 GMT
Dave,

I haven't tried this, but I think this would be messy.  Lucene needs to
keep index files open, so that when you pull a Document from Hits, it
can read this stuff from those files.  If you close index files, you
are likely to get some NPEs or some such.

I don't think you'll find a ready to use API for this use case in
Lucene.  Instead, my guess is that you will have to manually keep track
of your IndexSearcher's status (open/closed), and allow searches to
return results only if status == open.

Otis

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html#close()