lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <>
Subject Re: MultiFieldQueryParser seems broken... Fix attached.
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:53:39 GMT
> But, inspired by that message, couldn't MultiFieldQueryParser just be a
> subclass of QueryParser that overrides getFieldQuery()?

I wasn't sure that everything "went through" getFieldQuery().  If so,
yes, that should work.  In either case, I don't even think a subclass
is necessary.  Just have a different constructor for QueryParser that
takes multiple default field names, and just add the behavior to
QueryParser, keyed off that characteristic (more than one default
field name).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message