lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: telling one version of the index from another?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:42:09 GMT
Thanks, Doug, much as I'd figured from looking at the code.

Here's a follow-up question:  Is there any programmatic way to tell
which version of the Lucene code a program is using?  A version number
or string would be great (perhaps an idea for the next release), but a
list of classes in one version but not in the previous one would do
for the moment.

> (Perhaps we should remedy this, by, e.g., always revving
> the "segments" version whenever any file changes format.)

I think you mean the "segments" format, right?  And I highly recommend
doing so.

Bill