lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject RE: online and offline Directory
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:46:04 GMT
You don't need to maintain 2 indexes.
You can search on an index while adding more documents to it.
All you have to do is to check if whether the index has changed since the
last time you got an instance of Index Reader, and if it has, just get a new
Index Reader.

Aviran

-----Original Message-----
From: Ernesto De Santis [mailto:ernesto.desantis@colaborativa.net]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 11:16 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: online and offline Directory

Hello

I want administrate two index, one for online searches and another for index
process.

I want that the users search with a complete index, if I leave search at the
users over the same index that index process work, the users probabily see
an incomplete index.

For this I think, index process work in a "offline" index while the users
search in a online directory. When index process finish do the change.

Is my idea correct?
What is the best way to do this?

Thanks
Ernesto.