Anything is possible.

In a couple of weeks I may be upgrading my code to use Lucene 1.4 and I will make an attempt to use  the latest version of PDFBox.
You may be right about log4j being somewhere else in the classpath, but being a jar for Jakarta, I couldn't think of any apps on my desktop that might use it.

I'm doing a search now and ColdFusionMX is the only app I can think of, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with log4j.jar.  Well I'll have to experiment a little.

Thanks

Ben Litchfield wrote:
PDFBox comes with log4j version 1.2.5(according to MANIFEST.MF in jar
file), I believe that 1.2.8 is the latest.  I will make sure that the next
version of PDFBox includes the latest log4j version, which I assume is
what everybody would like to use.

But, by looking at the below error message it appears that you might have
an older log4j in your classpath

Logger.getLogger( Class ) is available in 1.2.5 and 1.2.8

Ben